The competition is organized by FORTUNE ID – “the organizer”.
- The competition is open to Greece – based startups in the fields of ICT, food and agriculture, tourism, healthcare, clean tech, creative industries, and social entrepreneurship.
- Applicant startups should exist no longer than 5 years.
- Participants should be either founders of co-founders of the applicant startups.
- Applicants should be at least 18 years old.
- The competition language is English at both the application and final stages.
Procedures & timeline (all times in GMT+2 // Athens time zone)
- Applications can only be registered online.
- Applications must be submitted by 23/05/2018 at 12:00hrs.
- Finalists will also be notified personally via phone // email.
- Upon acceptance of their progression, finalists should communicate contact details of the person who will pitch live and send any supporting material requested (photos, logos, and presentations).
- It is the responsibility of the applicants to check the competition website regularly for updates and amendments regarding procedures and timeline
Who and how will evaluate you?
- Applications will be screened and assessed by experts within the FORTUNE ID network who will also select finalists and runner – ups. Assessment will be continuous, throughout the circles period.
- The best entries will be admitted to the live pitch stage. They will be judged by a panel consisting of (minimum) five (5) experts, from organizations and businesses partnering “INNOVATION CIRLCES”. Names and profiles of judges will be announced via the competition website, at a later stage of the competition.
- Applications will be assessed against the following set of criteria a) Team qualification and experience b) Achievements c) Scalable and innovative idea and/or business model d) market opportunities e) Fundability
- Participants will compete for prizes of 30.000€, in total value, that include entries to international startup competitions and global entrepreneurship events, with travel and accommodation expenses covered. At the international fora, INNOVATION CIRCLES winners will compete for cash prizes and funding. They will also have the opportunity to network with international partners.
Description of prizes
- 10.000 Euros
- 5.000 Euros
What else do you need to know?
- FORTUNE ID cannot be held responsible for changes in the international competition // event dates // timelines or for changes in their prizes and awards.
- INNOVATION CIRCLES prizes will be awarded subject to sector alignment, business maturity and overall quality of the winning startups.
- All trips and participations international events & competitions are for one person only who will represent the startup. It is the responsibility of the winner to designate the person on time.
- No reimbursements are foreseen for costs incurred as a result of participation in the INNOVATION CIRCLES competition (accommodation, travel expenses, production materials etc.)
- The organizer reserves the right to alter and // or amend any of the aforementioned conditions without any previous consent by the participants. The organizer is required to inform of any such amendments via announcements on the competition website.
- Participation in the competition means acceptance of the aforementioned terms, conditions, procedures and timeline.